Who We Are
eHawaii.gov, the State of Hawaii Internet Portal was initially launched in 2000. Since then over 100 web-based applications have been deployed and over 2.5 million citizens come to the site annually. The portal manager is the Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC., a Hawaii corporation located in downtown Honolulu and wholly owned subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV).
NIC, a leading eGovernment solutions provider, has similar agreements with 32 other states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Indianapolis and Marion County, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan Secretary of State, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico MVD, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, US Department of Transportation, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia & Wisconsin.
We enable citizens and businesses to conduct business with the government securely and efficiently using all digital channels. We also manage the official website for the State of Hawaii. Our goal is to make interacting with the government easier for the public by bringing services online and improving government efficiency. We leverage our self-funded model to deliver services to our government partners with very little risk or cost for development.
What We Do
While we operate as a for-profit company, state agencies, counties and local government can in many cases, work with us at no cost by utilizing our uniquemodel.
- Build customized online applications (e.g., searching for data, submitting forms, renewing licenses, buying permits, mobile applications and paying taxes)
- Provide Managed Enterprise Services (e.g. Licensing, Document Management, Secure Data)
- Process electronic payments including credit cards, eChecks, invoiced payments and paper checks
- Outreach and Marketing of online services on behalf of our partners
- Offer customer service through phone, email, and live chat
- Offer consulting services to help improve government websites and online applications
- Build and design websites for government agencies as well as offering content management services to easily manage the website after completion (for non technical users)
- Website and application hosting & development
Oversight of Our Operation
The twentieth Legislature, in 2000 passed Act 292 establishing the Access Hawaii Committee (AHC) to oversee the state of Hawaii’s internet portal activities.
Pursuant to Act 292, the AHC coordinates the activities of HIC and the departments and agencies that utilize the Portal. The committee provides oversight of the portal manager including:
- Review of the annual strategic plan and periodic reports on potential new applications and services submitted by the portal manager;
- Review and approval of all charges to portal users;
- Review and approval of service level agreements negotiated by government agencies with the portal manager;
- Review of the annual financial reports and audit of the portal manager;
- Review of annual customer satisfaction surveys conducted by the portal manager; and
- Review of performance measures of the portal submitted as part of the service management plan for portal-wide indicators and application specific indicators.
As of November 2014, HIC has 32 full time employees.
|President & General Manager||Director of Marketing|
|Director of Development|
Project Management Office
Manager of eGovernment
|Web Coding & CMS Specialist||Web Coding Specialist|
Customer Service & Office Administration
|Office Manager||Assistant Office|
|Customer Liaison||Customer Service||Customer Service|
|Project Manager||Project Manager||Project Coordinator||Project Manager|
Partner Liaisons & Quality Assurance
|Partner Liaison||Partner Liaison||Partner Liaison||Partner Liaison||QA Analyst|
|Manager of Creative|